Best Solar Powered Irrigation Timers
If you have a standard hose outlet in your garden that gets some sunlight, then this article is specially made for you.
Solar powered irrigation timers will turn any sprinkler in your home into an automatic trickler while saving you the hassle of running wires to the other side of the house.
We know that shopping for the best solar watering controller can be an overwhelming process, as there are many solar powered controllers that claim to be the best.
Therefore, to make your life much easier, in this article, we will review the 3 absolute best solar powered hose faucet timers in the 2021 market.
So without further ado, let’s jump right into the review.
Best Solar Irrigation Controller Selection
We spent hours searching, testing, and comparing different solar powered irrigation timers just to get you a list of the best solar hose faucet controllers in the 2021 market.
All hose watering timers reviewed in this list are manufactured with high-quality materials, works just fine, come with at least a 30-day warranty, and of course, well priced.
The first item on today’s list of the best solar powered irrigation timers is the Tacklife watering controller.
This 6.5 x 5.9 x 2.76 inches solar hose faucet timer is designed with a huge soft glue LCD that is almost 1.5 bigger than most lawn sprinkler timers on the market.
The display is pretty large and easy to read, which allows it to display various information such as programming information, start time, run time, frequency, watering flow, battery charge, and irrigation timer.
Speaking of programming, this solar watering timer is very easy to install and takes less than 10 minutes to setup. In fact, you can program it without reading the instructions.
You can setup the solar irrigation timer using the 4 buttons:
- Mode: This button allows you to easily and quickly switch between automatic and manual mode
- Reset: Hold this button for 5 seconds to reset the settings
- Increase and decrease: You can use these buttons to set up watering interval (2 minutes to 7 days), watering operation time (1 minute to 720 minutes), and automatic rain delay timer (12 hours to 7 days)
What we like
- High quality monocrystalline solar panel
- Big LCD screen
- The display will automatically shut off after 5 minutes, which will save battery charge
- 2 Years Warranty
- Stylish and waterproof design
Netro crushes the market with its smart solar powered watering timer.
This irrigation controller is much more than a timer. When connected to the Netro whisper, you will be able to track the amount of sunlight, temperature, and moisture level of your garden all in one app.
Netro smart solar powered hose faucet timer work with Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, and iOS(8.3+), Android(5.0+) devices with a lifetime cloud services.
Also, it has a setting that connects to an accurate weather service, which will automatically delay irrigation if it rains with the ability to set the delay timer or cancel your next scheduled watering period.
As you can see, Netro manufactured their smart irrigation controller with a huge solar panel to power the 1400mah removable battery.
However, what I really like is that they also provided you with a cable so you can recharge the 1400mah battery using the grid when sunlight is scarce.
What we like
- Can be connected to WiFi and compatible with almost all devices including Alexa and Google Assistant
- EPA WaterSense certified
- IP65 water and weatherproof that sustains most harsh weather conditions
- Compatible with all 24VAC sprinkler systems
- Ability to view irrigation history
- Button to manually turn on/off the water
- Designed with a metal thread and filter to improve durability and water tightness
Finally, the last item on today’s list of the best solar powered irrigation controller is the DIG watering timer.
This 6 x 4 x 5 inches controller can be used to automate a 3/4″ or 1″ manual anti-siphon valves such as Champion, Orbit, Rain Bird, and Lawn Life.
However, it’s important to mention that it’s not compatible with Lawn Genie or Richd.
DIG solar powered hose faucet timer can be used for drip irrigation or sprinkler systems and you can program the times from 1 minute to 6 hours using the integrated LCD and buttons.
This solar watering timer is a great option for areas without a plug or if you travel a lot and want to automate lawn irrigation.
What we like
- Great price for the quality
- Water and weatherproof design that can withstand rain, frost, and excessive heat
- Integrated high-quality solar panel
- Can be used to automate a 3/4″ or 1″ manual anti-siphon valves
Best Solar Powered Irrigation Timers Cheat Sheet
|Solar Irrigation Controller||Image||Valve Size||Watering Interval||Rain Delay|
|TACKLIFE Solar Powered Watering Timer||All 3/4″ valves||2 minutes to 7 days||12 hours to 7 days|
|Netro Pixie Smart Solar Powered Hose Faucet Timer||Compatible with all 24VAC (3/4” hose) sprinkler systems||As you like||As you like|
|DIG ECO1MVA Solar Powered Irrigation Controller||3/4″ or 1″ manual anti-siphon valves||1 minute to 6 hours||N/A|
In the end, we really hope you enjoyed this list as much as we did.
Which solar powered irrigation controller is your favorite one? Have you tried any of these solar hose faucet timers?
If so, please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below, and stay tuned for more awesome reviews from Solar Energy Hackers